Tim and I served it with white rice, homemade ginger-pickled carrots, and a new recipe from my Jamie Oliver cookbook, braised red cabbage with apple, bacon, and balsamic vinaigrette.

The whole meal was absolutely to die for. I think the pictures do it justice - are you hungry yet?
Work has been crazy crazy this week, and even though it was a four-day week, it felt so much longer. The highlight was getting to go out to dinner with Tim (to an adorable tiny spot in the Dogpatch called Piccino's, which makes awesome pizza) and getting to see Cirque du Soleil's OVO. They really put on an amazing show - check out the trailer here.
But even with that ray of sunshine, it's been a stressful week. My final project got rolled out, and instead of doing a mock project, I'm in charge of REAL costing! It's terrifying, and pretty cool considering they're trusting me to negotiate for the best cost possible on about 300,000 units of girls accessories.
Needless to say, I'm so glad it's the weekend! Last night, Tim's band played at the Red Devil Lounge, and a few of my coworkers came out to check them out. I think they were impressed! Ever since they got a new drummer they've been putting on better and better shows. It's great to see that working out well.
Tonight, I'm going to a dinner party followed by a birthday party, and tomorrow morning is the first day of my writing class! I'm super excited, and slightly nervous. It'll be good to get that part of my brain working again.
I'm off for a run - it was sunny just a few minutes ago!! It's been terribly gross and rainy and I haven't wanted to leave the house at all. So I've got to make hay while the sun thinks about shining.
Reading: Let the Great World Spin. It's good, but slow. Feels more like a short story collection.
Listening: Mass Fiction in my head! Listen along with me on their website :)
No comments:
Post a Comment