So much to celebrate. (Anna Howard Shaw was a suffragette in the early 1900s - as I learned through 30 Rock.) I realize I haven't posted in a while, but strangely I don't feel like I have much to say. Perhaps if I break my life down into categories, I can formulate some sort of update...
FRIENDS:
Are great. I have them.
I threw my first housewarming party last Sunday for the Superbowl, which I called the "Superbowl Party for People Who Don't Care About the Superbowl." I asked people to bring appetizers and drinks and served mom's Red Chicken Chili and Mexican Cornbread. About 12 people showed up, and it turned out fabulously well! The chili and cornbread were a huge hit, and impressively enough, people who came actually didn't seem to care much about watching the Superbowl - though we were all pleased that the Saints won.
Lots of people have been popping in town lately - Beth D., Christian, and Becca's boyfriend Andrew, just to name a few. It's been really great to see them and hang out for a meal and catch up. Seeing Beth was particularly fab. She, Becca and I went to a new restaurant in the Marina called Tacolicious and split 10 delicious tacos. We were smart to get there early, though, because the wait was insane when we left. Beth sounds like she's doing really well, though perhaps ready to get back to DC. I don't blame her.
This weekend, went to see Tim's band play at a bar in the Inner Richmond, and went to Palo Alto on Saturday morning to hang out with Becca, Andrew, and a ton of other people at Becca's house for a bagel brunch. So yummy! Becca served all kinds of fresh Izzy's bagels, cream cheese, lox, salad, fresh fruit, and homemade brownies. And the weather certainly turned out fabulously - SF has finally taken a break from the rain, and the sun has been shining all weekend.
Last night, Alison, Kate and I went to Mas Sake for a pre-Valentine's girls night out. Though we had a difficult run-in with a bitchy hostess and the entire waitstaff looked exactly the same (blonde, thin, busty, wearing short black dresses), we were happy with the crazy fusion sushi and (of course) sake cocktails. Alison had a Groupon coupon for the restaurant, which saved us some money - all the better!
WORK:
Almost done with my 2nd rotation - can't believe how fast time is flying! I had my final project presentation on Friday and it didn't go as well as I hoped it would, but I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about it. I also found out where I'll be going next: GAP Women's Accessories!! Super excited to be going to Gap brand. I'll be working in stores week after next, for the *last time*. Whew!
TIM:
Things are going great! We're going to Yu-Zen for Valentine's Day - celebrating our 1-year anniversary with the restaurant :)
ROUND ROBIN:
Really, really enjoying it - Mom has been reading some of my writes, and she gives great feedback too!
FOOD:
I've been eating chili leftovers all week, but finally made it through them last Friday. This week I'll be eating Vietnamese Spring Roll Salad for lunch, and have lots of options for dinners. I baked Raspberry Oatmeal Scones for my team today, and on Thursday, we'll be celebrating Chinese New Year with a potluck lunch. Yum!!

BOOKS:
Finished Let the Great World Spin, and while I enjoyed it, it was a little slow. I've just started Barbara Kingsolver's new book, The Lacuna, but I haven't read nearly enough of it to pass any judgment.
Whew. That ended up being quite the recap. I won't wait so long next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment