Monday, January 31, 2011

the saddest story ever told



I am not a happy camper.

As you may already know, I've had my eye on a Vince leather jacket for about a year and a half. It fits perfectly, has the butteriest leather, and feels delicious when I put it on. I went to visit it so often that the Vince salesperson at Bloomingdales even came to recognize me. But at the end of the day, I couldn't part with the thousand (!!!) dollars that the leather jacket costs.

Oh hello, lover.

But ever since Rachel got on her eBay kick, making tons of money selling everything from Forever 21 to Tory Burch, I've had my eye on eBay scoping for a good deal. And I found one.


The perfect size! The perfect color! The seller had a 98% approval rating, over the course of 170 sales. And much to my shock and awe, I won it for $400, which is over 60% off if you consider San Francisco sales tax.

I paid on PayPal moments after winning the auction, and waited with mounting anticipation for the package to arrive in the mail.

And I waited...



And I waited...



And the estimated arrival date came and went. I've contacted the seller twice with no response. Finally, last week I escalated the issue to eBay, who will give me my money back if the seller doesn't address the issue within 7 days.

I don't think there's a lesson here, but I hope you share in my gloom. I guess the deal *was* too good to be true.

So the search continues...

Reading: Cat's Cradle
Listening: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Maps (Cosmonaut Gretchen Remix)

1 comment:

  1. When the time is right, the jacket will come to you. It is meant to be, I feel it!

    Did you call the Vince outlet yet?
    My friend Maya calls them all the time when she sees something she likes but doesn't want to pay full retail and they ship it to her...

    LOVE YA

    Rach

    doodleandlucy.com

    ReplyDelete