Monday, July 20, 2009

first platform beds, then platform shoes?

Yum, yum, yum! Just finished a delicious dinner at home. We made sauteed cabbage and Buitoni's mushroom ravioli with pesto sauce, which was super easy and delicious. You can buy the raviolis at any grocery store - link here.

This afternoon, I went and saw the new Harry Potter movie with the parents - and despite its excellence, I don't think my dad understood any of it at all. Highly recommended if you're an HP fan, or if you're willing to pay money to sit through 2 1/2 hours of amazing special effects. I also saw Bruno last week with Rob, and would NOT recommend that to anyone sane. I spent most of the movie with my eyes closed (you can only watch so much faux gay porn). It wasn't nearly as funny as Borat, not nearly as "insightful" about American culture, and Sasha Baron Cohen's portrayal of gay men was so exaggerated that it was borderline offensive. Give me my money back :P

I'm wasting a lot of time trying to figure out how to decorate/furnish my room in SF - frustrated immensely by the fact that I have no measurements of the room. I wanted to get a queen sized bed, but it may not even fit. I have, on the other hand, been greatly admiring this bed frame - a lovely platform bed with built-in storage! It's a little pricey though...

Keep blogging, Bria and Sara! I've got nothing but time to read about your lives, so make them story worthy for me until I see you next!

Reading: Anna Karenina
Listening: La Roux, Armour Love; Kelly Clarkson, I Don't Hook Up (a must-listen, esp. for Sara)

No comments:

Post a Comment