Sunday, July 19, 2009

summer lovin', having a blast

So, as many of you may know, I kept a blog while I was studying abroad in Paris, and not only did it force me to document my adventures more thoroughly than I would have otherwise, but it also allowed me to keep in contact with family and friends more easily. Since almost everyone I love is going to be at least 1000 miles away (986 miles to Vancouver, 2300 to Louisville, 2800 to DC, and 5500 to Paris), I figured it'd be a good idea to get the ball rolling on a new blog. New blog for a new life :)

Well, maybe not quite yet. I'm still home in Louisville for another week and a half before heading out to SF to move in to my new apartment. My parents and I have been perusing the IKEA website with mounting anticipation (bed frames, area rugs, closets, oh my!). I just got home from spending a week at the cabin, reading the entire Twilight series in 6 days (I blame Carly for forcing them on me...) and lounging thoroughly, so I should be extremely well-rested when I have to hit the ground running on August 10th (start date at Gap).

I've seen approximately a million movies this summer ("Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" and "Scent of a Woman" being highlights), worked on my culinary skillz, and am about halfway through a lovely lacey scarf. This recipe was a huge hit with the parents, and it's super easy:

Fennel-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

Well, that's all for now - more to come!

Current Music: Heart in a Cage, Chris Thile
Reading: Anna Karenina. Or will be, starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment