Monday, November 9, 2009

trick or treat, chicken feet!

My favorite costume I saw on Halloween:

Only a San Francisco child would dress up as a meter cop - albeit one who gave out chocolate hearts instead of tickets :)

After somewhat of an iffy week (working on the final project for my first rotation = stressful), I had an awesome weekend. Friday night, Tim and I went out for sushi at Yu-Zen, which just got an awesome review in SF Weekly. It's great to see them get good press - considering their location on the edge of the universe, they can use all the help they can get. I only hope it won't get too difficult to get a table!

Saturday, I watched the Stanford-Oregon game.
By myself.
In my apartment.
I turned it on at lunch, intending to watch the first few minutes, and ended up sitting there for the next 4 hours (hooting and hollering when Stanford scored - probably scaring the neighbors). I even got to narrate the last few minutes to my dad when his coverage got cut off in KY. It was such an exciting game, and it's great to see the team finally eligible for a bowl game! Now all we have to do is beat Cal and USC and maybe we'll end up in the Rose Bowl?

Saturday night, went over to Tim and Dave's for cocktails before going out with Tim's friend Tom and his new girlfriend, Michelle. Great story: Tom had a huge crush on Michelle during middle school, but she was the "unattainable cute girl." When she ended up moving to San Francisco, she contacted him by Facebook, and they started dating. Dinner was pretty good, but overpriced and stingy on portions. I left the restaurant feeling hungry and poor.

Sunday, though, was the best: Tim and I took our bikes on their first "long" ride, to Sausalito and back! It's a popular route for tourists, so I wasn't too worried, but my butt hurt from the bike seat. We ate lunch at a deli in Sausalito, wandered along the shoreline, and headed back before the sun set. We cooked a delicious dinner: tuna steak au poivre with soy dipping sauce, sweet potatoes, and Heidi's brussel sprouts recipe, which I've made 3 times this week. My farmer's market brussel sprouts were way better than the ones we got at Safeway, but I'm convinced that the trick is to get tiny ones.

Tim couldn't eat a bite...


Dave has befriended a girl who works at one of his favorite hole-in-the-wall chinese food restaurants, called Shanghai Dumpling King. She made him soup, which he heated up last night for dinner - and to his surprise, it had CHICKEN FEET in it!!!




Of course i tried one. Tasted like fat, pretty boring, but makes for a great story!

Finished Ender's Game last week, and started Cormac McCarthy's The Road. It's really, really dark, but surprisingly readable.
No new music lately! Need recommendations!

1 comment:

  1. I was a cowboy for halloween - adrien's jeans + mustache + fake pistol = amusing costume that was quite american and fun.

    music:
    phoneix - see blip.fm/bria "if I ever feel better" - really like this one. I tend to like their old stuff better. - that's all I got on that front! any new music I have you'll see on that website.

    paris can also make me feel hungry and poor: re 5 euro salad that was 6 pieces of lettuce, 1 piece of ham, 2 pieces of cheese, 1/2 tomato. ?!? I miss plutos.

    miss you! and I'll be there in 5 weeks - crazy!

    xoxo

    Bria

    ReplyDelete