I'm on week 3 of my final RMP rotation. It's hard to believe. I feel like this process has been such a long time coming - I remember when I found out that I got the internship (junior spring) and I felt like I was set for life. I crossed my fingers and hoped/prayed/believed that the internship would lead to a job. I started interviewing for the program that summer - continued interviewing through November, got into the program, then waited another 9 months to START.
And now here I am? Already sprinting towards the finish line? Like I said, hard to believe.
Don't get me wrong, though. I'm pretty excited about the idea of being in one department, one function, one team for more than 10 weeks. But I'm honestly so befuddled about what I want/what I think is going to happen that sometimes I wish I could just push the fast forward button and skip all the drama. Interviews start in a couple weeks. Thank God I'm guaranteed to graduate with a job, or I'd be pretty damn nervous.
Let's see, other news. Just got back from a trip to HAWAII this week! Tim and I made spontaneous vacation plans 2 weeks ago, and had a total blast. There aren't any good stories, honestly - we relaxed, scuba dived, snorkeled, relaxed, beached, hiked, relaxed... I guess the only funny part was how the hotel couldn't seem to get our names right. The names listed in the room were Tim Wood and Kelly Peterson. In our interactions with the concierge, we got every possible combination - Miss Peterson, Mrs. Peterson, Mrs. Wood, Mr. Wood, Mr. Peterson (?!?). Pretty funny, actually.
The hotel was stunningly beautiful. If we had been paying for our rooms, they probably would have cost around $550 a night - luckily, Tim had 4 free nights in any Hyatt in the world, so we skirted that :) We were by far and away the youngest people staying there on our own. The valets thought it was hilarious that we rented bikes for the weekend as our main mode of transportation. They weren't exactly used to guests traveling on a budget.
And the pool was the size of a miniature lake. Stunning.
Tim took all the pictures and I promise to hold a gun to his head until he uploads them on the internet. When he does, I then promise to share them with you.
I haven't been cooking much these last couple weeks - trying to clean out the pantry to go on vacation, and now trying to survive on what scraps I have left until I go grocery shopping. The one recipe I stumbled on that I absolutely LOVED was from the New York Times food blog: Eggplant, Tomato, and Chickpea Casserole. Vegetarian, delicious.

Currently reading The Lacuna, by Barbara Kingsolver. It's quite good but slow going. I'm finding a lot of my free time going to the Round Robin, which is also almost over. I'm debating about whether or not I want to continue with this class, or maybe take a *real* writing class? Ahh, the possibilities.
I'm also thinking about cutting my hair like Heidi Klum. Much shorter. Thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment