Tuesday, October 6, 2009

plummy mummy

You know, for someone who "has no friends in San Francisco," I've been astoundingly busy hanging out with good people. I got a pedicure with two RMP girls that live in my neighborhood and had a lovely time getting to know them better. Molly - new roommate! - moved in on Sunday and I'm already loving having her around. Alison also comes back sometime today, so that should be great.

We're starting interviews for the final open room! Hopefully we find someone cool who likes us too. We got a ton of responses to our Craigslist post, so I'm totally confident that we'll be *able* to fill the room - keeping fingers crossed.

I woke up realllly early this morning to go to the gym - it was actually sort of neat to see Polk street with next to no one around, totally dead. Of course, the gym at 6:45 was busier than I'd ever seen it, but I have to admit that it felt great to get it over and done with before I'd really gotten the chance to wake up and think better of it. Plus, the gym was playing Casino Royale, and Daniel Craig is a sight for sleepy eyes.

Well, I bet you want to see pictures of the new room, don't you? Keep in mind that it's a work in progress. I also didn't take a picture of the view - the best part! - because it's too dark to see anything anyway.






... Can't you just see the perfect spot for a kitty litterbox next to the toilet??

Culinary adventures: last night made "green curry" with tofu - wasn't very good, wasn't enough curry, but tonight I totally redeemed myself with tricked-out quesadillas. Totally hit the spot!

Finally, for posterity, these are the cupcakes that I made for the dessert potluck (which were still being raved about two days later!!)




Title explanation: Plummy Mummy is the name of a color that Old Navy uses. Mom - I think that if the OPI Nailpolish Naming Job doesn't pan out, you should go to Gap Inc Color Services instead.

Anna: p. 720!
Music: Strangers, Van She

No comments:

Post a Comment