So what did I do this weekend...
Friday: went competitor shopping all afternoon (read: went shopping for myself, but managed not to buy anything!) and then went to Shanghai Dumpling King with Tim and Dave. SDK is a dim sum-ish place, very authentic, in the Outer Richmond that Dave frequents on a weekly basis. I've been twice, and can't say I'm crazy about it. I left feeling rather gross. It is cheap, though, and pretty tasty.
Saturday: got an early start with kickboxing class in the morning, then headed over to Tim and Dave's for their pre-Lovefest party. The event was quite a success, with the perfect critical mass of people in attendance, good brunch punch, and delicious snacks.
Back story on Lovefest (actually technically LovEvolution, but everyone calls it Lovefest): it's an annual parade/dance party in the civic center in downtown San Francisco. Various clubs and dj's make floats blasting techno music, and Lovefest party-goers dress up in their wackiest, sparkliest gear to dance to their heart's content in the sunshine. I went last year and had a ball. Lots of great people-watching and fun music to dance to. Tim even found a pair of brand new Ray-Ban sunglasses that he's worn obsessively since then. Needless to say, the bench was high for this year's fiesta.
Unfortunately, though, we headed over to this year's Lovefest around 2, and it turned out to be highly disappointing. They charged $10 for admission this year (it was free last year) and it was somehow WAY more crowded. We lost the people we came with, I ended up spending a full half hour in line for the port-o-pots (always an adventure... I managed to pee without touching ANYTHING, which I was very proud of) and left when we got cold. (photos stolen from SF Weekly)


(and don't worry, I was very much fully clothed for the occasion, unlike these girls who probably froze)

Finally, today: Tim and I moved out of my room and into the master bedroom in about 1.5 hours flat - it was an express operation. My back is already sore, even though I tried my hardest to lift with my legs, but the result is TOTALLY worth it. I've got the most stunning view of the Golden Gate bridge, my own bathroom, a walk-in closet, AND a perfect spot to put a litter box in the bathroom if/when I get a cat. We're doing interviews this week to fill the final open spot in our apartment, and I have high hopes. I can't wait to get a fresh start on this new life!
Tim and I made awesome dinner tonight: pesto and tomato sauce pizza on (prebaked) cornmeal crust. Best part? Leftovers. Worst part? Tim's leaving for Seattle on Tuesday (thru Thursday), and this is to be expected for the next 10 weeks or so. Barf on consulting.
Thinking of my parents tonight with all four kids... hope they're surviving :)
Music: Gimme Sympathy, Metric
Reading: Anna. 670. It's going to be finished this week... or else!
No comments:
Post a Comment