Let's start with the job: I'm exactly 2 weeks in, and having a blast. I *love* the people I work with - my fellow RMPs are super chill, and we've been hanging out a lot in our off time. We have one more week of working in the stores (yes - folding clothes, finding your size, etc), and while making display cases look pretty can be highly meditative, I'm anxious to start my *actual* job. My first rotation will be doing merchandising for Old Navy Online, in the Women's Plus Size division (check it out!), and I'm excited for the challenge.
I've been doing a lot of cooking lately - a side effect of poverty more than creativity, but I've had some pretty tasty adventures nonetheless. Tim and I made a delicious Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Onion Fig Relish, and I whipped up some delicious Curried Egg Salad as recommended by my mom. And of course there have been some less successful dishes - a bland pasta, an iffy wheat berry salad (I have to remember that I don't like parsley - the salad was extremely time consuming, and though I plan on eating the leftovers, it would be a LOT better without the parsley bitterness).
How about some pictures?
First, my fab room in my fab apartment, as assembled by my fab parents (i could never have done it without them):
And my trip to LA for Tim's friend's wedding:
I want a cat SO badly...
Now that my life has returned to a semblance of normalcy, I promise promise to post more often. xoxo!
No comments:
Post a Comment