Friday, September 4, 2009

charming

Today was a really fun day at work - we took a class called "Passion for Fashion," which basically talked about the history of American fashion, and how Gap tries to maintain relevance while staying grounded in the tradition of "classic American style." We also got to make collages about our personal styles, which was super fun. And the best part about the day? I got off work at 1:30, in honor of Labor Day Weekend.

Quickly, though, I realized that I had nothing to do, and no friends to do it with. My work friends were splitting off and doing their own things, and most Stanford friends are... away. Alfie and Becca are coming back soon, thank goodness - but people like Bria and Sara may take a few years.

So I did what any normal girl would do to drown her sorrows, and took myself shopping. I tried on a whole lot of great clothes at Martin and Osa, but couldn't pull the trigger on most of the stuff knowing that I could get very similar clothes at 50% off at Gap/BR. After indulging in some tasty green tea frozen yogurt from Ce Fioré, I headed over to Edition, which is Banana Republic's new standalone accessories store (where I don't get 50% off either, because it's a "concept store"... but let's try not to dwell on that). They've got AMAZING stuff there, and it's all very reasonably priced - you can browse the collection here. I'd been admiring the charm necklace one of my coworkers had bought from Edition or the last several weeks, and decided to check them out myself. I ended up purchasing the following:


The image I took is a little blurry, but it's a K initial charm and Cancer zodiac inspired charm. I've never been "into" my astrological sign, but for some reason this spoke to me. I also got a manicure, and bought a bunch of stuff for the apartment from a wholesale kitchenware discount store around the corner.

Sigh. It's a good thing I'm getting paid now...

No comments:

Post a Comment