Ahh, it's been a week since I last blogged! That may or may not have something to do with the fact that I haven't COOKED anything in the last week. I got really tired of eating my leftovers for 4-5 days on end, and went on a glorious run to Trader Joe's on Saturday. I've been munching on Indian Fare, frozen pizzas, and other deliciously inexpensive quick and easy meals since then. I'll give myself enough time to get tired of Indian Fare, then get back in cooking gear. My knife misses me. Plus, Heidi just posted a delicious looking Pineapple Rice on 101 Cookbooks that looks pretty good (and most importantly, only serves two as a main...)
Job started for real this week! I really like my team - especially my manager, who is really energetic and fun. My mentor is great too - luckily, I don't think I overwhelmed her on our first meeting, and I think we'll get along really well. They threw me a welcome cookies-and-cupcakes fiesta today after lunch, and I've felt very welcome.
The work itself is tough to get started on, honestly. I feel like you just have to jump into the deep end with this stuff (my mentor last summer actually helped a lot when he went on jury duty for two weeks and left me to take over...), and sometimes being partially in charge is more confusing. I never know what to do with myself when my "task" is over. I'm sure that will change as planning for next Spring really gets kicked in gear - we're working on the line for April, May, and June, and I'm in charge of woven tops and sweaters. Whoo!
I've also been working on a project called "Understanding Your Customer," which is basically arts-and-crafts for adults. I've got a big "idea board" where I'm supposed to create a visual representation of a) my target customer, her lifestyle, her values; and b) a trend (or trends) I think my division should pursue in the future. My target customer is a plus-size woman named Jennie, who is about 30 and on a budget (the average income of an old navy online shopper's household is 50K). My trends are "wear to work" and "animal print" - I'll post a picture of my idea board when I'm finished pasting everything on.
I signed up for another half marathon. This time I have only 5.5 weeks to get ready... Let's just say I won't be trying to beat my time from last year. But this way, Becca and I can hang out on the weekends doing long runs AND go to brunch at Tartine without feeling the least bit guilty. After 8-12 mile runs, what's a chocolate eclair, or a cinnamon bun, or two?? Haha... not kidding.
This weekend, heading to Santa Cruz with Tim and the Bain folk for a beach weekend. Yay for getting out of dodge! I'll post pics.
Anna Karenina: 525 pages. Check me out.
Music: Metric, Help I'm Alive
No comments:
Post a Comment