Wednesday, September 2, 2009

iMovie is hard.

Yum yum yum. I made lentil soup for dinner tonight, and it was SO delicious. I was actually a little surprised at how well it turned out, considering a) how easy it was and b) how few ingredients/spices went into it. It's a good thing I liked it, too, because I think I have enough for the next two weeks. Recipe from 101 Cookbooks, link here! Heidi (the 101 Cookbooks blogger) gives a lot of variations for the soup, but I used french green lentils, fire-roasted canned tomatoes, swiss chard, plain yogurt (not Greek, no saffron - too expensive), white pepper, and paprika. Though it's much more of a winter recipe (... I hear my mom saying, "canned tomatoes? CANNED tomatoes!?"), it sounded good to me, and I was in need of something to take to work for lunches.

We're finally done with the stores! Went to the office today to do our "store recap" group presentations - and though I may be biased, I think my group did the best. We were supposed to present for 15 minutes about our store's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, and my group made videos to introduce each of our main points. Ready to be impressed by my iMovie video editing skillz? Check them out here - I was in charge of "Weaknesses" and "Opportunities":
Weaknesses
Opportunities

And our other two videos are here:
Strengths
Threats

Just found out that a bunch of acquaintances from high school got married over the summer - I guess it's an appropriate "time" now, but it's still really weird. We're still children, after all.

All for now. Officially 350 pages into Anna Karenina - I think I'm regaining momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment