Tim's having a rough week, so my intention was to bake him his favorite chocolate chip cookies tonight - but he may be coming over for dinner, which would ruin the element of surprise there. His sister also hasn't sent me the recipe, so I'm at a standstill... Note that I said *his* favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe (really his favorite cookies) - he likes the flat-and-chewy chocolate chip cookies, whereas I'm partial to thick-and-gooey chocolate chip cookies. More points it if has oatmeal! But they're not for me, and I'm feeling magnanimous... or maybe I'll do a half batch of each kind?
Went out for drinks last night with Melissa and Tenley, two of my coworkers, at a bar called Bar Johnny on Polk. I know what you're thinking - "on a Wednesday?!" - but I figured that a) I hadn't been out in a long time, b) what's one drink?, and c) making friends takes sacrifices. The one drink I bought wasn't that great (a berry mint capirinha, which sounded better than it tasted), but the company was very fun. We stayed out till about midnight, and I felt perfectly well-rested when I woke up this morning for work.
Work feels a little weird. We're getting so much information, and advice, and we've got a couple different projects we're juggling... and I haven't even sat down at my own desk yet! Everyone says these 9 months will be hectic, and it hasn't even really begun. At least I feel really good about the retail math - it's all repeat info from last summer, and easy to pick up again.
Weekend plans: Bonanza Republic party at a coworker's house Friday, and a "musical potluck" at Tim's bandmates' apartment on Saturday. Since I don't play an instrument, I'll have to bring food... But maybe once I take a knife skills class, I can make my Shun santoku knife sing? (Ahhhh cheesy!! Couldn't help myself)
We're at about 470 with Anna. She and Vronsky have left Russia to go vacationing together, but Vronsky's gettin' antsy without life ambitions. Something's gotta give...
No comments:
Post a Comment